Sunday, September 09, 2007

I Love An Adventure!

Driving home from Lafayette last week, I caught a glimpse of a sign that said, "LYS INSIDE" outside a building. Last I remember, it was a video place or something like that. Of course, anyone who has any fiber computer knowledge knows that LYS stands for Local Yarn Shop. WHAT? A yarn shop is Breaux Bridge. Oh, that's too good to be true. I asked my mother, who was along for the ride, if she'd seen the sign; she said, "No, I didn't."

Today, I had nothing to do so I asked Mother if she wanted to ride with me to check of the LYS. (By this time, curiosity had gotten the best of me.) Breaux Bridge is a small town without much traffic, except for rainy, Friday afternoons. Guess what today is???? Fought the traffic across town and turned into the tiny parking lot of the business and just about doubled over with laughter when I got a chance to read the entire sign:

FLEUR DE LYS SHOP INSIDE

Not sure exactly how is supposed to be spelled, but I don't think this is the way. Talk about a blow to my fiber ego! Well, you just have a good weekend now, ya hear?

1 comment:

Susan Luni said...

That is funny. I had no idea where you were going with that, but I knew it the Y didn't stand for yarn, whatever it was. The Crowley yarn shop closed, so I really didn't think there'd be one in Breaux Bridge.
However, I'm glad you posted this. I'm a new subscriber but I see I've got you in the wrong folder--you are a La. knitblogger, just what I've been looking for!