Tuesday, January 17, 2006



Reposted from MSN Spaces - January 03

You can teach An Old Dog New Tricks!

When I realized yesterday that I have 4 pairs of socks on the needles, it hit me that sock knitting has become my newest obsession.

  • Pair #1 are the Lorna's Laces Black Pearl socks...my dearest friend Amanda gifted me with this magnificent yarn just because I had never tried LL's. (I told you she was my dearest friend!)
  • Pair #2 are the latest from Six Sox KAL....I just HAD to try this new illusion knitting thing.
  • Pair #3 are socks that I'm test knitting for a designer....sorry, my lips are sealed on this one!
  • Pair #4 are my latest adventure in socknitting! 2 socks on 2 circulars......Resurface dearest friend, Amanda who encouraged me to try this technique.


No matter that the girls taking my sock class at the LYS wanted to learn this technique. There was no way that this devoted dpn, old-time knitter was gonna try those danged old circulars. No way!

Oh, oh, here comes Amanda with her gentle but persistent nudging about how wonderfully socks work up with this technique. I think her words went something like this, "I know you don't think you'll like this technique BUT!!!......" Ok, Ok, I'll give it a shot. So what if I begin another pair of socks before I finish the gazillion I have already started?

WELL, are you ready
for this? TA DAAAAA! So see, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.




No comments: